1) Prepare the spices. Here I used cinnamon, pepper and allspice.
2) Prepare the meat. Pretty easy in this case: Goat loin chops.
3) Melt some butter in a heated dutch oven.
4) brown the goat on both sides. About 3 minutes per side.
5) Remove the meat, and add a bit more butter
6) Add the chopped aromatics and sauté until softened. Here, it’s smashed cloves from a head of garlic, a chopped red pepper form a farmshare, and some dried figs I’d found in my pantry.
7. Add about 1/2 cup of wine, and reduce.
8) Add some stock and reduce.
9) Add some vegetables, and put the meat back in. Cover and cook for an hour or so over low heat (with the liquid gently bubbling)
10) Remove the meat and vegetables.
11) Strain the remains, and reduce – if needed – until thick.
12) Add some butter for a nice gloss.
13) Serve and enjoy